• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cruising the canals

Robert Watcher

Cruising the canals

IMG_3157.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Seems even more impressive than Venice!

What’s your boat like and how many families does it carry or are you thr captain?

Asher

Robert Watcher

Seems even more impressive than Venice!

What’s your boat like and how many families does it carry or are you thr captain?

Asher
LOL. I’m the photographer. Standing on solid ground. The old shipyard in the Netherlands, provides a great backdrop, and wonderful reflections. I waited patiently until boat passed under the bridge and positioned nicely compositionally. I took half a dozen shots where the captain was looking the other way - and managed this one where he quickly turned in my direction for a moment.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have heard of folk touring, managing the locks and everything themselves and others on a luxury boat with a chef!

Asher

Robert Watcher

I have heard of folk touring, managing the locks and everything themselves and others on a luxury boat with a chef!

Asher
I’m sure that is the case.

Anne & I were travelling constantly, hitting a different town almost every day. So we had a quite strict regiment of experiencing and photographing two or three features in each place (that we had researched and selected for our agenda over the months leading up to our trip) —— either early in the morning before checkout from our room - or in the afternoon/evening after checking in —- driving or travelling to a different location during the middle of each day.

At any rate, the only time we sat back and chilled for any length of time during the three weeks in Netherlands, UK and Belgium, was on the odd evening where we ate out. Between us we now have the huge task of culling through 9,000 images from our cameras and phones, to put together a nice big thick Blurb coffee table book to house our memories.