• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Glacier Lily

Jaime Johnson

http://jaimejohnson.zenfolio.com/

Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 180mm L

p942772311-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Abbott

I'd like to see better compositional/ balanced space at the bottom of the flower's head. For me a 'portrait' aspect would be better suited and then cropped if need be.

Jus' my two pesetas...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'd like to see better compositional/ balanced space at the bottom of the flower's head. For me a 'portrait' aspect would be better suited and then cropped if need be.
Jus' my two pesetas...

p942772311-4.jpg

Jamie Johnson: Glacier Lily

Jamie and Paul,

I'm adamant that one cannot judge a picture which does not have space to respect it and enough to breathe and occupy. Images have to spark our imagination freely and ignite our senses. A pretty thing in the corner, will always be noticed, of course, but needs to have space and a proper placement to stretch her angel wings. Same with this flower. It already becomes magnificent just by having empty lines above and below and centering it. Tell me if you disagree! :)

Also oblique positioning is feasible and worth considering. This flower is so individual, it's worth contemplating it's presentation n more than just the angle. Also, there's hidden but available dark stems that can be utilized. These are, as you have said, Paul, just offerings but not at all requirements. As it is, with a lot of white space, as in a fine gallery, it works well too!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Showing and lighting a beautiful slower!

p942772311-4.jpg

Hi Jaime,

I love your flower, so much I tried a new presentation. Heaven sends us these remarkable gifts! How we show them is our own endowment of esthetics and feelings. It can even be an investment in the preciousness of life itself! This way, we not only let light in the camera to make an image, but also hold up a lantern, as it were, to the wonders of nature that humanity should treasure and protect. But enough of my ranting, LOL, to your impressive flower!

p942772311-4.jpg

Jamie Johnson: Glacier Lily

Original, but centered with white space

p942772311-4_AK.jpg

Jaime Johnson: Glacier Lily

Edits AK with permission

I tried to increase the drama by the angle lighting and increased length of stem. I also adjusted the stem color for the blues to become green. Maybe the stems are blue?

Kind wishes,

Asher