• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

G'morning

Chris Calohan

Sunrise on the Econfina​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A beautiful greeting to wake up to, or did you just arrive early?

So, is the Enconfina high or can those trees survive flooded like that?

Asher

Chris Calohan

A beautiful greeting to wake up to, or did you just arrive early?

So, is the Enconfina high or can those trees survive flooded like that?

Asher

Arrived a few minutes earlier, in time to set the two anchors so I could move around freely and get some relative camera settings. Those trees (Bald cypress) live in waters like these and without the water would die. The Econfina is a stream emanating from a very deep natural spring that feeds into Deer Point Lake, upon whose banks I live. The lake is the primary water source for our area. On the attached map, the blue mark at the bottom of the page is in the general area where I live and the red mark at the top with the arrow is where I shoot 60% of my sunrises and bird shots.