• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

- Godox X3s & XPro II Sony Wireless Flash Triggers not triggering red AF pattern / beam on Godox V1 Pro -

jamie-goose

Hi Godox users,

I have an issue with my new Godox X3s Sony Wireless Flash Trigger on my Sony A9.

I know that the Godox X3s does not have a built in red AF pattern / beam assist… but I cannot get it to trigger the red AF pattern / beam wirelessly on the Godox V1 Pro.

On my Sony A9 the AF Illuminator is set to ‘Auto’, I am in ‘Manual’ shutter mode and the Focus Mode is set to ‘AF-S’.

If I mount the Godox V1 Pro directly to the camera hotshot then no problems the red AF pattern / beam fires.

But when I attach the X3s it will not trigger the Godox V1 Pro red AF pattern when the V1 Pro is being triggered wirelessly.

I have also tried this with the X-Pro II S and I get the same result. It will not fire the V1 Pro’s AF beam (but it will fire the X-Pro II AF beam if the side switch is flipped to ‘ON’).

Anyone out there have come across this issue before and any ideas on how to get the V1 Pro AF beam triggering wirelessly - this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Jamie

Sony A9 / Firmware v6.0
Manual Shutter
Focus Mode: AF-S
AF Illuminator: Auto

Godox V1 Pro
Wireless Channel 18
Group A
AF: ON

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It’s sleep time here in California, but I saw your post!

Look at this for now.

It might mention the infrared triggering.

Asher