• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Houses of parliament London

Ivan Garcia

From London to everyone at OPF
Happy holidays

IGD_5472.jpg

Taken today 23-12-06

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ivan,

This picture is splendid! did you stitch it or crop it and from where on the Thames did you take this picture?

Any chance you might ecerso slightly brighten Big Ben's roof and brighten hte sky so at the black roofas of the skyline are better delineated.

If you did none of this fussing, the picture is impressive anyway and a sheer delight to me as I always think of England around this time of year!

I like the fact that you have traces of reflections in the water too! Magnificent!

Now share the secrets of the shot!!

Once again a happy holiday and a wonderful new year. This is a good time to wish everyone a safe and healthy new year. Prosper is a great thought to add to the mix!

Asher

P.S. Ivan, is this from RAW?

Ivan Garcia

Hi Asher
The picture was taken today at the south end of Westminster bridge.
I took the kids to the London Aquarium, by Westminster Town Hall, [ Incidentally; the London eye is just a few yards away, and I nearly took a ride to get some aerial vistas, but, it was night by the time we came out, so the ride will have to wait ;-) ]. I got very frustrated inside the aquarium; due to the incredibly thick glass they use to contain the water in the tanks, I could not get a decent picture there . I was determined to get a decent shot today, so I took this one.
I had no tripod with me, so this is a single raw file shot with the wonderful 24-105 f/4L.
Two conversions for highlights and shadows, blended in cs3 via layers.
I tried to lighten the sky, but it solarised badly (it was pitch black), so this is the best I can do with what I had to work with, some doge and burn in selected areas of the image was also required, as the highlights at the bottom of the building were clipped. Cropped to taste and saved to web.
I will, at some point, comeback there with a tripod to take multiple shots, so that I can stitch them in a huge panorama.
Please Pm me if you want to play with the RAW image.
Again merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, and a happy and prosperous new year.

(Edit) PS: As requested a lighter sky line ;-)

Last edited: