• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Liftah -- abandoned village

returned to Subah

The other village left in ruins (and not absorbed under modern Jerusalem) is Subah. A crusader fort on a hilltop, with stones reused and added to form what seems to have been a few dozen houses. It was taken in a military assault, and a kibbutz which survives to this day was established around it (Kibbutz Palmach Tsuba). The site is in the process of becoming part of the chain of National Parks in Israel. I revisited the site with my SWC/Phase One P45+ back combo on a morning with good strong light from the east. Some results I'll post here, the rest are now in my pbase gallery.

134159753.jpg

134159754.jpg

scott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Scott,

Thanks to you and your SWC-Phase one combo, we get to see this treasured places so insufficiently celebrated and understood.

134159753.jpg

134159754.jpg

Like Angkor Wat, it's just the huge architectural stones and the trees which survive time to share the light and receive the grasses blown by the wind.

Asher