• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mel Gibson's Arrest Photos of arrest reports

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chuck,

But I do know! He can be ill. I am empathetic with that. However, until he is recovered sufficiently, he should have made it impossible for himself to drive, giving up his driving license.

I do not contest how difficult it is to overcome the primal urges. I do however believe that he is well enough and wealthy enough not to risk killing others. The 87 M.P.H. speed was that reported by the police.

Asher

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Don't know about there in the states but driving while over the limit at any speed on any road is an immediate 3 year suspension, how does it work there?

I'm not going to enter the other debate other than the fact that Mel Gibsons tirade was not particularly suprising, I will say as an Israeli and having served in the army that there is give or take no racism against Arabs or the Muslim world by Israelis, it isn't taught, it isn't condoned in any way, if you asked an Israeli if he hates arabs you would get a confused look. What has events in Iraq or Gaza got to do with the other 4 billion muslims in the world?! There is no worldwide conspiracy, Israeli or other, it is all in their heads, in the chips on their shoulders, the propaganda and the excellent manipulation of the western media.

But then again we have been give or take blamed for everything since the Roman expulsion of the Jewish people 2000 years ago. Apparently we carried the black death in our 'Tefillin' cases and emptied it into the wells, thousands of years of pogroms, blood libels, including in the past 100 years nevermind the Nazi persecution and holocaust, etc it would be horrible to admit but I would say that we are used to being blamed for everything. History of course has proven that the Jews have been nothing more than a convenient way to shift blame from the real culprits and general misery throughout the ages. Nothing like taking your serfs minds off the fact that they are serfs than inciting a pogrom in church, they didn't have football in those days!

It is interesting to note how often the words 'Nazi', 'ghetto', 'holocaust', 'war crime', etc are trotted out against Israel, hmmm, does the world perhaps have some serious and unforgotten guilty conciences that it would like to absolve by comparing the systematic murder of 6 million Jews by the Nazi's including the unforgotten and unforgiven aid and help of almost all the European countries and their citizens including the church, with the truly unwanted and unfortunate deaths of civilians used as unwilling human shields by terrorists?

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Why is it when I write a long tirade that I delete the damn thing by mistake?

Here in the UK a drink-driving charge at any speed in any area on any road is an automatic 3 year suspension of the liscence followed by needing to take an extra difficult and double length driving test (1 hour) and sky high insurance premiums for ever after. No excuses. If there was an accident or if speeding was added to that then there would probably be at a minimum a 6 month community service order or suspended sentence on top of that.

Fair enuff I say!

Ray West

Hi Ben,

but prison doesn't always solve the fundanmental problem ..., as far as the drunk is concerned, or maybe it does.

The farmer next door to me was a 'well known alcoholic' His 'friends' often related how they would be out with a family meal with him, and he would fall asleep at the table, they would carry him out into the car park, still sat on his chair. He'd be there an hour later when they left. He went to prison for six months for drunk in charge. I saw him a year afterwards, he was not contrite, thought he was capable of driving (he was picked up asleep over the bonnet of his car at the time). He went into hospital for liver problems. The staff said he should not drink alcohol. he pleaded, they said 'ok, one glass of beer', he said 'if one is ok, so is two'. He discharged himself. Within three weeks he had died.

I'm guessing, MG is at an early stage of addiction. If he has friends - they must help. If he has broken the law, the law must do its thing. Like others, when MG is sober, he is not the MG who is 'nine sheets to the wind'. He does not even know he has a problem when he is sober, unless folk show him. He is unlikely to hand keys in of his own free will.

And folk kick up about cigarette smoking....

Any way, as a Jewish Piano player I met recently said, 'it is unusual to find a jew in a bar, it gets in the way of their suffering'. (If you insist, I'll get his name - big guy from Brooklyn)

Best wishes,

Ray

ps got your printer yet???

Asher Kelman

Ray West said:
Any way, as a Jewish Piano player I met recently said, 'it is unusual to find a jew in a bar, it gets in the way of their suffering'. (If you insist, I'll get his name - big guy from Brooklyn)

ps got your printer yet???

"Their suffering" is not nice here as it make light of the suffering Ben referred to. Of course, we should not eschew humor. After all ethnic comedians do indeed poke fun of their own people, but they have, IMHO, much more open license to mock real issues. This is not hard and fast, but just a consideration one might perhaps ponder.

About, the bar, it reminds me of a tragic consequence to my own family. My uncle, a newly wed, was drinking with his new work buddies every night and coming home when the pub closed rather sloshed and sozzled.

His wife warned him "This was not a Jewish husband did and in case you don’t get it, I'm double locking the door at 10pm." Needless to mention, that very night he slept under the hedge. It snowed!

In the morning he was found with double pneumonia and died days later.

My mother was subsequently one of the first to have penicillin and that had to be recycled and recrystalized for use in the next patient in the study!

Amongst other things, it says that with a cancer, for example, if only one can be helped to live longer, a new treatment might become available.

Asher

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Asher, I have to add to this that Ray is a personal friend and all round nice guy, I'm sure he meant nothing bad, infact he was just quoting.

An interesting discussion might be why and how it is OK to make fun of yourself but not other people! Jews making fun of Jews, etc.

I gave up on the printer idea Ray, just wouldn't have worked out either practical or economical. I'm using Dlab7 who just printed 100 12X8" prints for me for £55, just can't beat that for convenience or price.

Asher Kelman

Ray your contributions, anyway outway any well guided or misguided objections!

Still, Ben's correction is well taken!

One can by the way call oneself "stupid" or a "mediocre photgrapher". The other way round is not so nice!

Asher

Last edited:

Ray West

After due consideration, I think I am distressed by Ben referring to me as 'all round'. In some places I am quite flat.

Anyway, thanks to you Ben, and Asher. Perhaps I should have given a bit more background to the 'joke', and the actual word used was not 'suffering', but for the life of me I can not remember what ithat word was, and we go on about altering photos.....

Now, do you want to open up this thread, on this public forum, and discuss possible reasons or excuses as to why Jews, perhaps other groups of folk, have been victimised, attacked, whatever, or would you rather let it lie?

Best wishes,

Ray

edited to alter last sentence so it made more sense, at least to me.

Last edited:

Jason Anderson

Could someone explain to me how this entire thread (by far the most popular thread here now at OPF) relates to an open forumon anything remotely related to photography (besides the OP inclusion of images of police reports)...*sigh*...

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Jason, we are all refugees from the equipment frenzy over at Fred Miranda and trying desperately to prove that we have lives apart from our digital SLR's!

Of course the answer is that we don't..... ;-)

My main body is with CPS at present while I desperately try to get them to fix the back focus before my next season starting next week. I have to do something in the meantime, anything to put off editing the pics I brought back from a 2 week break in the Highlands of Scotland. I have to say though that the landscape work I've done with the 5D needs almost no editing from camera compared to the hours and 17 layers that the 1Ds needed!

arnisdale.jpg

Arnisdale on the West Highland Coast at sunset, still needs some work, but that is almost exactly like it came out of camera.

Jason Anderson

You mean you put your camera down on occasion? Doesn't that feel wierd? Like not wearng your watch or something? How can you sleep at night?

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
:)

To be honest I'm usually only happy to put it down, I'm a photographer by profession (wedding/event/portrait) and people don't understand why I don't have my camera in hand constantly ala amatuers. Truth is I enjoy the break when I don't have to shoot with a large rig! I have bought a couple of Pentax pancake primes and those together with the forthcoming K10D should make a good 'P&S' carry everywhere camera kinda Leica style but a tiny fraction of the price and smaller too!

Gary Ayala

Ben Rubinstein said:
:)

To be honest I'm usually only happy to put it down, I'm a photographer by profession (wedding/event/portrait) and people don't understand why I don't have my camera in hand constantly ala amatuers. Truth is I enjoy the break when I don't have to shoot with a large rig! I have bought a couple of Pentax pancake primes and those together with the forthcoming K10D should make a good 'P&S' carry everywhere camera kinda Leica style but a tiny fraction of the price and smaller too!

LOL .. man can I relate ... former news photog here. I used to travel tons ... often, when I went on vacation I just stayed home and watched my cameras get dusty. When I did go somewhere, the cameras stayed home.

Gary

Rob.Martin

Poor ol Mel

he get's $hitfaced, which is part of his disease. He then rants to some cops, who, knowing who he is, jot it all down for prosperity. Did he mean it? Possibly. Should the average joe on the street care? Does it make him a worse performer? I think the outrage has deeper roots in the media / entertainment industry. Sure he was wrong, but get over it. I think America's going mad and chewing it's own head off worrying about what some "celebrity" said when he was pi$$ed.

I am not even slightly religious, pious or a preacher.....

but..

let he who is without sin...........

And I always leave it at that......

Rob