• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New in the group!!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Yamil,

Glad to see you here. We have a very broad range of interest and expertese. I look forward to deeing your pictures from all aspects of your work.

There might be debate on your gun pictures, but you can handle that and that is essentially the value of an open forum. What cameras do you use in your studio work? Any MF or LF?

Asher

Yamil R. Sued

Hi Yamil,

Glad to see you here. We have a very broad range of interest and expertese. I look forward to deeing your pictures from all aspects of your work.

There might be debate on your gun pictures, but you can handle that and that is essentially the value of an open forum. What cameras do you use in your studio work? Any MF or LF?

Asher

I know there will be debate on the subject matter I photograph, but....that is what I do and that is what pays the bills!!

OK, on gear..

I shoot both Nikon and Canon DSLR's. I have a Hassy system that belonged to my friends Dad, he died over 30 years ago and his son kept it. He loaned it to me back in 2000, I'm sending it to Hassy in NJ for a complete refurb and clean up so I can use it with a MF Back I'm planning on getting soon!!

I sold all my LF stuff over 2 years ago, when I saw the writing on the wall that the prices were going down in a deadly spiral. I still have a Megavision 3 pass LF digital back that makes a great Door Stop!!

About my Experience and Background, I graduated Brooks Institute in April 1985 after leaving a College career in science, I have worked on several industries and magazines in the last 22 years, all very fun and challenging.

I'm glad to have found this forum, I want a friendly environment on where to share ideas and learn a bit more.

Thanks for your friendly welcome.

Y