• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

No words..Just images

16790157914_ebddda3d0a_b.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Fabulous and works with the museum pictures of yours!

Asher
Thanks Asher. I no longer have a real camera since last year, therefore I have been unable to shoot and present better pictures here. All the recent ones I've posted have been shot with a mobile phone camera. Hence the need to introduce the grainy film look to overcome the excessive noise in this particular image and the problems with the highlights.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher. I no longer have a real camera since last year, therefore I have been unable to shoot and present better pictures here. All the recent ones I've posted have been shot with a mobile phone camera. Hence the need to introduce the grainy film look to overcome the excessive noise in this particular image and the problems with the highlights.

My dear Cem,

Your mobile camera, at the start of the digital revolution when folk had very heavy, cobbled together Nikon-Kodak cameras, would have sold for $30,000 or more for its quality and convenience! The fact is that, as a camera, cell phones are more than adequate and even with enlargements can fill a billboard!

Your picture here worked perfectly for me and I had no idea that there was anything missing! In fact, it would be only a fool who would dismiss a photograph that is well seen, well constructed and interesting because it came from a cell phone!

Besides, even the excess noise could be ameliorated as better noise software arrives!

Why can't I be more succinct!

In short M. C. Escher would love this and do do I!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Antonio, What about the commandment against graven images? I have never seen so much. Is all this really allowed Asher

The religion is Christianism here. Mainly. :)

I think this it is allowed unless it would not happen, mainly in the north of Portugal where people are more conservative and religious.

i-vq6CPFf-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher - thanks!

Once again, using light as the extra force to move from "nice" to "worthy"!

So simple, but one has to first see this and not take too much of the brightness to make it work. I'd make the impulsive mistake of including too much to the right to get all of that cloud - but your more discipline approach separates this kind of work from the sentimental postcard picture.

Discipline! discipline!

Asher