• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pan's Labyrinth

Ivan Garcia

Last night I went to see this fantastic film with a friend, I had a sleep over at his house (I know is back to primary school for me lol), He lives by a mini forest and the film inspired me to take this picture.
Critique welcome.
IGD_5350.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan Garcia

Asher, thank you for your comments, and links (sorry too much wine today lol).
Right; adjustment layers galore to improve tonality and feel to match my vision, (some painting on the mask to isolate my objective). I could not get enough depth of field, so I used the lens blur filter in cs2 (selectively ), finally crop to 10 by 8 and saved to web, (also some selective dodge and burn) took me an hour to get it there.

Ivan Garcia

Hello Asher
As requested here is the straight raw conversion.

IGD_5350SRAW.jpg

My friend and I went for a walk in this mini forest, the light was not great and I thought to myself “I will never come out of this place with a decent image”; that was until I came across this wonderful log, I knew the colour could be improved in CS2, and the picture was taken with postproduction in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for posting the original! I can now see hte journey you took from the woods to Pan's glade!

Asher