• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Peep

Prateek Dubey

22661-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey: Peep

Its a simple mug shot but means a lot to me. I was roaming around galis ( narrow street lanes) of old Delhi, when this guy simply popped in the view. He was more fascinated by the camera than being photographed. He'd seen such a 'large' camera for the first time ( Its only a D700). I thought that the look on the man's face revealed his delight at contacting technology. Many people think I'm associated with some TV channel. For only those guys carry such 'large' cameras. For most Indians a camera is a very small object....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
22661-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey: Peep

Its a simple mug shot but means a lot to me. I was roaming around galis ( narrow street lanes) of old Delhi, when this guy simply popped in the view. He was more fascinated by the camera than being photographed. He'd seen such a 'large' camera for the first time ( Its only a D700). I thought that the look on the man's face revealed his delight at contacting technology. Many people think I'm associated with some TV channel. For only those guys carry such 'large' cameras. For most Indians a camera is a very small object....

Prateek,

How have you processed this? I ask because for the first time I worry whether the processing has perhaps damaged the finish of the picture, especially the lips and mouth. Or maybe that's his face!

Asher

Prateek Dubey

Prateek,

How have you processed this? I ask because for the first time I worry whether the processing has perhaps damaged the finish of the picture, especially the lips and mouth. Or maybe that's his face!

Asher

Hello Asher,
Most of my workflow goes through a two to four step processing. If I remember correctly, his face has gone through selective levels correction and edge sharpening. He was pretty well textured though. I may have overdone it ...!!??

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello Asher,
Most of my workflow goes through a two to four step processing. If I remember correctly, his face has gone through selective levels correction and edge sharpening. He was pretty well textured though. I may have overdone it ...!!??

Yes, I believe so. Might you share the original jpg as delivered by the camera. One thing to do is to go away from a change and return and see how little you can use! That way, one has some protection for the original as well as allowance for change.

However, I may just be imagining things. It's the original that will let us know better.

Asher