• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sharing: bubblets

An image from my first day-visit to a state park here in Michigan, Ludington State Park. I had high hopes to shoot from sunrise to sunset but this thick foggy haze persisted ALL DAY LONG. So much for Plan A, but sometimes Plan B is where the discovery begins.

I like the blacks, the round droplets that look like bubbles, the fine detail of hairy things collecting haze. Nature is a wonderful misteriousy.

riskit-1.jpg

Hi Rachel,

Where I'm at, I don't have access to that info. I do know it was with my former Pentax kit and probably my Tamron 90 macro lens.

I'll get back with all the details though.

March 27, 2007, 9:35am. The fog at Ludington State Park was intense. I'm sure they have days there every year when the snow is mostly melted and melting and the moisture just hangs in the air. Dew was collecting on everything but these little plans had hairs that create these spectacular droplets.

I was wrong about the Tamron 90. I did own it but usually carried the Pentax 100 2.8 Macro because it was smaller and lighter and has the slip-clutch focus built in.

Technical Info: Pentax K10D, Pentax 100 2.8 macro, ISO 200, 1/125 at f/2.8

I remember spending lots of time finding the best way to brace myself, and holding my breath and snapping on exhalation, etc., just to get the right stuff in focus. Macro ain't easy sometimes!