• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street Pics from my walk home today

Robert Watcher

Street Pics from my walk home today

Robert Watcher

With a new government in place as of June first, a strong military presence can be seen throughout all cities in El Salvador - on the streets and on the Buses. From what I have heard, it is simply a campaign to reinforce the idea that the president has a mandate to clean up gangs and corruption and is acting on it from the start.​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A lot of interpersonal relationships!

One police officer or soldier has his face covered. So he’s one serious hombre!

Asher

Robert Watcher

A lot of interpersonal relationships!

One police officer or soldier has his face covered. So he’s one serious hombre!

Asher

Many officers have their faces covered (balaclavas) in public, for their own safety. They are targeted by gangs and drug dealers. Much like SWAT teams do in the USA.

Several have been killed in the last few months leading up to the election - presumably to show who is in control. Some at heading to work, or at home with their families. Many police are seeking asylum based on those real threats.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert,

What’s so striking, in all your pictures below, if one pauses to think about it, is the ubiquitous appearance of objects made solely of non-biodegradable plastics!

These are in South America, but it’s also true in Asia, Europe and the USA!

If we abolished plastics, what materials could we use? Can we use natural materials like jute or wood?

Asher