• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Threads

Prateek Dubey

r104403-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : Threads

In India wishes are expressed in the form of a red cotton thread. Its called Mauli. Its quite common amongst Hindus and Muslims. Hindus usually tie it on a tree ( Peepul or a Banyan tree) and Muslims tie it on something associated with a holy grave ( usually a marble curtain in a window). Here there are such threads tied on an old Peepul tree trunk in the courtyard of a temple ( its not visible). When the wish comes true, then the thread is untied.

Ps : I know that the reds seem a bit blown, but unfortunately I cannot edit the picture now..

Ps II : Peepul and Banyan are both holy trees belonging to the fig family. It is believed souls take refuge in a peepul tree. All kinds of souls...

Prateek Dubey

Great shot...but color me clueless...
How the heck do you know which thead is yours?????
...Just an attempt at a bit of humor
icon7.gif

Hello John,
I asked the same question, so the answer was that you can untie any thread. Just that you'll have to come back to the same place to say thankyou...