• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Trek in the mountains...

fahim mohammed

p678457603-5.jpg

My wife tells me that she had to hurry back from here as the sun was setting ( does the sun set? I have to research this..what about sun rise? hmmm! maybe an article? ) and the temperature was falling. ( Temperature fallings!! From where? boomph falls to the ground and whoosh rises ? )

In any case as night was falling ( this woman! night falling..another article!! ) she looked at that object in the sky above ( sky above, below.. object..maybe alien ship) and suddenly she thought of something she had read long long time ago. She was taught this word originated centuries ago.

It was called ' azimuth '. I know that name she thought to herself. I also know where it comes from.
' azimuth '. Wonder what it is?

p678457603-5.jpg

My wife tells me that she had to hurry back from here as the sun was setting ( does the sun set? I have to research this..what about sun rise? hmmm! maybe an article? ) and the temperature was falling. ( Temperature fallings!! From where? boomph falls to the ground and whoosh rises ? )

In any case as night was falling ( this woman! night falling..another article!! ) she looked at that object in the sky above ( sky above, below.. object..maybe alien ship) and suddenly she thought of something she had read long long time ago. She was taught this word originated centuries ago.

It was called ' azimuth '. I know that name she thought to herself. I also know where it comes from.
' azimuth '. Wonder what it is?

Hi Fahim,

[Sacasm?]
You ask many questions that possibly are not appreciated by some of the forum contributors. Some may be considered controversial to dogmatically inclined folk, e.g. followers of the flat earth theory (I wil not even venture as far as mentioning the hollow earth proponents).

Hence, the questions, unfortunately (a missed opportunity to test one's beliefs, even anonymously), will probably remain unanswered, or the thread closed.

Just allow me a small observation, if not (mis)interpreted as an intrusion to whatever set of believes (photographically or otherwise). Placement of the moon/sun/other non-offending subject slightly out of center often creates more compositional opportunities. Some of that is evident in the image as presented. It might require some training to see the benefits, but it often works better. I dare not mention a Golden section 'rule' in this context, nor it's background in the Renaissance times.

Sorry for adding some potentially useful info to you thread, as it may seem too technical/irrelevant to some ..., it seems one needs to tread a thin line on OPF these days.
[/Sarcasm?]

Do say thanks to Ayesha for her high altitude images from a first person perspective, and shot while being challenged by fatigue/lack of oxigen, they are appreciated. It is also interesting to see the differences between your perspective and hers, when shooting human interest type of documentary images.

Being broadly informed also makes better photographers of all of us.

Cheers,
Bart

fahim mohammed

Hello Bart,

First let me assure you that I do not take offense , in the slightest, by your above comments.

I generally do not ask so many questions, and these were an attempt ( maybe erroneous, silly ) to ward off and or not have to read a technical/mathematical treatise that the sun really does not set etc.

But I do take your point and do not want to offend anyone at all.

I welcome and am glad of any criticism/suggestions/recommendations, such as yours above, to improve my or my wife's photography. I expect to find technical formulae and such like to be in the category reserved for such ' letters' and seminal studies. Which indeed are very valuable, I am sure.

I shall indeed try to explain to my wife what center and off- center means. Rule of thirds! She might think I am talking about inheritance or some such issue.

Kindest regards.

p.s She, I think, is only familiar with the origins of words like 'nadir', ' zenith ' besides 'azimuth'.