• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

widening options

I'm researching solutions for architecture/interior with a set up that consists of a P25 PhaseOne digital back and Mamiya 645 AFD.

One direction, the Alpa/Horseman/Cambo type has a couple of down sides for me, one is that the optics plus camera goes for $6 to $10k, the other one is that work slows down if you have to mount desmount the back from the camera, do lens cast profiles etc etc.

The other two options are nice, easy and cheap, one is to perform virtual PC correction on the computer. Shoot with a "normal" wide angle (in this case the Mamiya 35mm) and edit>transform>skew on PS.

The other solution is an interesting lens that was made for the 645 MF and that fits the AF no-questions-asked. It is the only Shift lens Mamiya makes for this format (they have a different one for the RB/RZ).

The problem with this 50mm shift is that it is equivalent to only a 31mm, so a bit short for interiors. I tested one at Calumet 30min. ago and made a two shot stitch with camera on portrait and the lens all the way shifted to the left in 1st exposure and all the way to the right on 2nd. The resulting image, --after sowing the two together -- was a wider than 28mm coverage.

Since the lens is $600 (used), I think that it could be useful to have.

Question:

Anyone here doing similar research or better even, have done already ???

Thanks

Erie Patsellis

pro member
Leonardo,
Any reason for not using a 4x5 and either a 65 or 75mm lens, shoot C41 and scan, or alternatly E6 (less dyn. range, and CC issues)?