• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Helpful Hints/D.I.Y.: World’s smallest light stand, part of a studio in a backpack!

Will Thompson

Well Known Member

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Pretty neat. I have ones that are low to the ground for back lighting models.

Yours seem very useful as long as you don’t have wind!

I mean as long as a there’s not a brisk wind blowing!
Asher

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
An unaltered lightstand.

Collapsed to 13.5 inches, fully extended it is 46.5 inches.

Perfect to put in a backpack!

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

I used to have those exact stands 40 some odd years ago. I bought them when I started out with a couple of photo flood bulbs in dishes. Probably came as a kit - I can’t remember. Later on I used Manfrotto Nano Stands for portability and backlights, for their superior build. Brings back memories

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My Sherpas will love them, LOL!

I wonder how big a box the can hold. I gues one can use water filled bottles to weigh down the base?

Asher

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
My Sherpas will love them, LOL!

I wonder how big a box the can hold. I gues one can use water filled bottles to weigh down the base?

Asher

Not required at all.

That would completely defeat the purpose!

Asher are you going to volunteer to carry the two jugs of water every time I shoot?