HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH
Introduction to OPF
Ricoh’s GR Digital II Review
by John Nevill
Nicolas Claris featured
Sinar Photographer for 2008
by Asher Kelman
The Hard Side of Beauty
by Asher Kelman
Canon EOS 1D Mark III Report
by Arthur Morris
Seeing Like a Master
by Alain Briot
Photography As Art Series
by Asher Kelman
The other migrant mother
by Michael Stone
Fast Yachts at Sea, The Journey
of a Captain & his Wife
by Asher Kelman
Rainer Viertböck’s Travel
Photography: Exposing for the
soul! by Asher Kelman
Tips for getting a human figure in
a location shot by Edmund Ronald
Stephen Eastwood an interview
by Edmund Ronald
Read TOS & Register
To offer services
Terms Of Service (TOS)
Forum Rules these are the "Terms Of Service" abbreviated in this forum as "TOS".
THERE ARE 5 BRIEF STEPS IN JOINING
To be eligible you must fulfill the following criteria
1. You are a professional photographer or a serious photography enthusiast or student of Photography or involved with the delivery of images or some like technology.
2. You are older than age 16 years.
You agree to 3 broad rules, See Details (you read them in the next step), which OPF may modify from time to time:
TO BE NICE: "Be nice to the others in the tour bus."
TO TOLERATE FREE SPEECH: Accept that others may have different views and some posts or articles might even be offensive to you. Just ignore, politely express you view or leave the forum.
TO DO NOTHING ILLEGAL: Refrain from anything dishonest, threatening or making inappropriate posts or posts that is, depict, promote or facilitate child pornography.
III. YOU MUST READ, UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THIS TOS AGREEMENT BEFORE PROCEEDING
Please read details below
IV WARNING ON EXPLICIT CONTENT
These are the expectations, rules, warnings, restrictions, and conditions of use as well as limitation of liability.
The Rules and Terms of Service in Detail
1. You will not demean, troll or in any other way disrupt the collegial functioning of this forum.
6.You recognize that, by it's very nature, photography explicitly records real or staged human and wildlife conditions, the human form unclothed in some human or any human behavior, social commentary, political and other subjects that might be of an offensive nature according to different cultural values.
8. You acknowledge that you have been advised and required to not view or participate in this site if you do not agree or should you, in the future not agree with the aforementioned items 1 and 2 above.
10. You attest and adjure that you have been fully and adequately warned that you could be greatly offended by such content.
11. You accept without reservations that while OPF might sometimes delete material considered, "Vulgar”, (matters arbitrarily considered egregious beyond artistic value, such as child pornography), you cannot and will not rely on any such protection against that or any other offensive material being posted or published in OPF.
12. If in spite of this warning, you do proceed, join OPF and then view any of its content, then you, in doing so, agree that you take full responsibility for and hold OPF, (it's owner(s), publisher(s), moderators, editors and any and all other members of OPF and persons or entities, directly or indirectly related to OPF, including, but not limited to the Jelsoft, the owners of vBulletin) harmless of any hurt, damage, obvious or hidden, displeasure, upset, embarrassment or other untoward effects on you, your person or on any tangible or intangible object as a result of your exposure to content in OPF.
13. You agree that any claims resulting from use of this forum shall be adjudicated only under the laws applicable of the State of California, USA.
14. Further you affirm that any part of this agreement deemed illegal in the State of California shall be separated from all other parts which in themselves are not a violation of California of Federal Laws, statues or regulations of the USA, and the latter portions and particulars shall remain in full force and not diminished.
15. Notwithstanding all the aforesaid, OPF, has it its sole discretion, the right to submit any dispute on any matter concerning OPF to arbitration in the State of California and the results of such arbitration shall be binding on both parties and both sides shall share the expense of OPF defending itself in such action.
16. Whether or not any damages be awarded to you against OPF (or anyone working for or volunteering on behalf on OPF) these damages shall be limited to the actual depreciated value of a material loss and you and your estate and successors shall both jointly and separately forgive, disregard and give no weight to any and all direct or indirect emotional, psychological or other non-tangible damage, including but not limited to defamation and loss of reputation, disrupted social life, loss of conjugal rights, or loss of future earnings, whether evident at that time or in the future. Further, the total of such damages payable by OPF to under this agreement, shall be $100 or the summation of moneys if any if any paid to join OPF, value of files lost or other direct tangible losses, which ever is the lesser sum
17. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Open Photography Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
18. The owners of Open Photography Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason or without reason.
19: Membership Requires registering with full names and information so we can assure that the nature of the community is honest, open and professional. Please don't use an alias or "handle" as this diverts effort to correcting that. In any professional activity, one knows for certain the identity of one's colleagues
I have read and understood and agree to and will comply with and accept all the above details, conditions, expectations, warnings and limitation of liability and wish to become a member of Open Photography Forums, OPF.
|HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH|