• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

D700 replacement!

Hi, Cem,

And it is absolutely true, beyond a shadow of a doubt, accepted by all right-thinking people, being loyal citizens of their own nations, and recorded as such in the Big Book of Truth, that the best winding lever of all time (on cameras, at least) was that of the Yashica Lynx 5000. The thought of giving that a wind produces an absolute frisson in all camera enthusiasts (except of course those who died before the Lynx 5000 was introduced).

Note to the recording secretary: Alexander Graham Bell died and left me in charge of winding levers.

Note to the winding secretary: I am soo jealous!

Best regards,

Doug
I doubt a winding lever... not sure if there will be a rewind one though...

Doug Kerr

Hi, Theodoros,

I am also passioned with old straps mate, I have a selection of 8 ultra thin AN-4s, ..6 AN-4B (B=black) and 2 AN-4W (W=wine - it was for the F3) from the early 80s and whenever I have a new camera, the strap never comes out of the box... I only use the AN-4s. They are even thinner than the one shown in the video...

I often use a wrist strap, and all my wrist straps and neck straps have "clasps" on the end (often I put small but sturdy split rings in the strap "slots" of my cameras to snap them to).

My inventory of those clasps (it is hard to get suitable ones today) came from a bunch of assorted neckstraps I bought from the "odds and ends bin" in a small camera store in downtown Manhattan (New York City) in about 1962. The whole area where that store was (and some wonderful audio stores as well, including where I bought my Dual 1009 turntable in about 1971) was razed in the early 1970s to make way for the later-ill-fated World Trade Center.

This is all neat stuff!

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Supposed pic of the Great New Thing to hand in the field:

Nikon-teaser-retro-full-frame-camera.jpg

http://nikonrumors.com/2013/10/24/more-on-nikons-pure-photography-campaign.aspx/

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

This is the catch phrase for the series of flics about the Great New Thing:

"Nikon presents a series of short movies depicting a photographer roaming through Scotland with a camera as his only companion. Discover how he reunites with his creative self during this uniquely ambitious trip."​

"Hi, Mum, this is my new lass, Nikki. I know she has sort of small setting knobs, but she has a great personality."

Best regards,

Doug

Tom dinning

Registrant*
At last! We are back to 'on topic'.
When will camera manufacturers realize that, like cars, cameras will work better in RED!
I must admit I go strapless some days. I know it's daring but, hey, I'm like that.
As for rewind. I want a camera that will rewind me back to the 70's. Nothing really happened in the 70's. I'd like to do that again. With my camera of choice, of course; the beloved Yashica Minister III. I used it until the lens literally fell off. They don't make cameras like that any more. I've just remembered. It was supported around my neck by a beautiful macrame strap I made myself. Bring back macramé!

When will camera manufacturers realize that, like cars, cameras will work better in RED!
I must admit I go strapless some days. I know it's daring but, hey, I'm like that.
As for rewind. I want a camera that will rewind me back to the 70's. Nothing really happened in the 70's. I'd like to do that again. With my camera of choice, of course; the beloved Yashica Minister III. I used it until the lens literally fell off. They don't make cameras like that any more. I've just remembered. It was supported around my neck by a beautiful macrame strap I made myself. Bring back macramé!

I now know why your Master iii "gave up spirit" and why you was complaining about your past images in that other tread of yours Tom... It was because ...Master III was never supplied in RED!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

Carla understands that. She has a red Canon PowerShot SX-150.

Well, as long as you have the superstructure for that.

As for rewind. I want a camera that will rewind me back to the 70's. Nothing really happened in the 70's. I'd like to do that again. With my camera of choice, of course; the beloved Yashica Minister III. I used it until the lens literally fell off. They don't make cameras like that any more.
Yes, Minister.

I've just remembered. It was supported around my neck by a beautiful macrame strap I made myself. Bring back macramé!
Like, heavy, man!

Best regards,

Doug

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I now know why your Master iii "gave up spirit" and why you was complaining about your past images in that other tread of yours Tom... It was because ...Master III was never supplied in RED!

That's Minister III, Theo. Now you're understanding my psych. Some days I wonder how the **** I ever manage to take pictures in the first place, not knowing all this technical stuff. It literally dazes me. I call it the Black Box Syndrome. Give me the device and tell me where the ON button is. Its hard enough trying to take a decent picture without confusing me with all those statistics and formulae.
I do appreciate and am amazed at your own knowledge on the matters mathematical as with a lot of others here, like Cem and Asher and Jerome and Doug. I'm hoping some of it would rub off onto me.
Actually, no, I'm not really.

There seem to be five reasons that lead to the conclusion that this will be the cheapest FF camera in the market....
1. NR claims that it won't have video
2. NR says that it will have the (simpler and cheaper) 39AF focusing system
3. NR claims that there will be a single SD card slot
4. Nikon recently updated the D600 which might have been because the new camera would cannibalise its sales, given that it had "bad reputation" for oil on sensor.
5. (This is Tom's favourite) ...the promotion videos are all "made in ...Scotland"!!!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Theodoros,

There seem to be five reasons that lead to the conclusion that this will be the cheapest FF camera in the market....
1. NR claims that it won't have video
2. NR says that it will have the (simpler and cheaper) 39AF focusing system
3. NR claims that there will be a single SD card slot
4. Nikon recently updated the D600 which might have been because the new camera would cannibalise its sales, given that it had "bad reputation" for oil on sensor.
5. (This is Tom's favourite) ...the promotion videos are all "made in ...Scotland"!!!
Oh, dear, another ethnic slur against the Scots.

It's always something. Our Welsh friends are offended that since Carla's surgery for tongue cancer, she hasn't been able to pronounce "LLewelyn".

Best regards,

Doug

Hi, Theodoros,

Oh, dear, another ethnic slur against the Scots.

It's always something. Our Welsh friends are offended that since Carla's surgery for tongue cancer, she hasn't been able to pronounce "LLewelyn".

Best regards,

Doug
To your information Doug, I've done my degree in Cardiff and my brother in law is a Scotchman... You know what they say in Wales about the Scotchman and the old half pound coin shape... no?

P.S. Easy... it's Hliuelien!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Thedoros,

To your information Doug, I've done my degree in Cardiff and my brother in law is a Scotchman... You know what they say in Wales about the Scotchman and the old half pound coin shape... no?
No, tell me.

P.S. Easy... it's Hliuelien!

Well, that somewhat gives the idea.

The end of that is probably better for LLewellyn (not a common Welsh name).

But the LL is really an unvoiced alveolar lateral fricative and those are hard to do since one side of her tongue has been a little compromised.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

It also has its own dedicated website

http://nikondf.nikonusa.com/df.html

My take its that this new DF line will bring 35mm FF digital cameras tho many people around the world. I know the OP believed it would be entry level but I couldn't fathom Nikon launching s new line of bodies with a entry level camera.

I don't believe the DF it's overpriced as a flagship sensor sits within. I do believe it should have two card slots and D4 build quality at that price point though.

I can see a FM2 digital with a D610 sensor, and D3200 guts coming inn the future at a very reasonable price point.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I just got a link to the local dealer on the Df. Very pretty. Took me back a few years. It's a marketing ploy, surely. A bit gimmicky. And as Fahim would so wisely say, "show me the beef".
Really, though, how many cameras can a bloke desire when they already have one that takes perfectly adequate l pictures.
And no red!

I just got a link to the local dealer on the Df. Very pretty. Took me back a few years. It's a marketing ploy, surely. A bit gimmicky. And as Fahim would so wisely say, "show me the beef".
Really, though, how many cameras can a bloke desire when they already have one that takes perfectly adequate l pictures.
And no red!

Who wouldn't love a D4 image quality. They are saying it has equal image quality and ISO capabilities as the D4. If it has the same build quality as a D4 as well I can see why the introductory price is where it is.

I surely won't buy it until it's price drops and they hit the used market. I'm sure we'll start seeing instant rebates just in time for the holidays.

Who wouldn't love a D4 image quality. They are saying it has equal image quality and ISO capabilities as the D4. If it has the same build quality as a D4 as well I can see why the introductory price is where it is.

I surely won't buy it until it's price drops and they hit the used market. I'm sure we'll start seeing instant rebates just in time for the holidays.

I am under huge disappointment about this camera… I was over enthusiastic with it (I have to admit) because of its superb sensor which I use on my D4 and its "traditional controls" which I have to admit they suit my taste much better than what is considered as "rule" with modern cameras…
Yet, the camera is at (near) D800 price, although it has only a single SD card, the lesser quality shutter of the basic FF Nikons, the weakest battery among Nikon's FF cameras and a hybrid plastic/metal body, much inferior to what a D800 has… If one adds to the above (which are important to me), the absence of video recording, the absence of built in flash and the lesser speed/buffer capabilities, it looks like it is the worst specified out of all Nikon FF cameras… I think that this camera shouldn't cost more than 60% of the price that Nikon has decided on it, or that it should have been much better specified (with XQD card, dual cards, much better AF system with larger area coverage and 51AF points, better shutter, metal body, better battery) for the asking price…
Hell of a sensor (IMO the best among all DSLRs) that it bares though… still I don't like makers to rip me off… D610's sensor isn't that much worst to explain how a much better specified camera is sold for much better price…

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I am under huge disappointment about this camera… I was over enthusiastic with it (I have to admit) because of its superb sensor which I use on my D4 and its "traditional controls" which I have to admit they suit my taste much better than what is considered as "rule" with modern cameras…
Yet, the camera is at (near) D800 price, although it has only a single SD card, the lesser quality shutter of the basic FF Nikons, the weakest battery among Nikon's FF cameras and a hybrid plastic/metal body, much inferior to what a D800 has… If one adds to the above (which are important to me), the absence of video recording, the absence of built in flash and the lesser speed/buffer capabilities, it looks like it is the worst specified out of all Nikon FF cameras… I think that this camera shouldn't cost more than 60% of the price that Nikon has decided on it, or that it should have been much better specified (with XQD card, dual cards, much better AF system with larger area coverage and 51AF points, better shutter, metal body, better battery) for the asking price…
Hell of a sensor (IMO the best among all DSLRs) that it bares though… still I don't like makers to rip me off… D610's sensor isn't that much worst to explain how a much better specified camera is sold for much better price…

Have you written to Nikon About your huge disappointment. Theo? They'd be interested, I'm sure. They might even stop their production like until you get a chance to drop around and tell them how to make a camera that suits you. I can hear the CEO now:

"Who let this camera out of the bag before checking with Theo. You know how hugely disappointed he'll be if he doesn't like it. And we don't what that, Do we? Still, he has a bunch of other cameras he can rely on until we adjust a few things for him. I didn't think he'd notice the battery thing, though. We have a bloody stock of the in the warehouse to get rid of. I thought the idea of putting the old stock in this toy was a gem of an idea. People would be wanking over the knobs and dials and wouldn't notice. Unfortunately, you just can't put anything over that Theo. Sharp as a heal blister, he is."

Tom dinning

Registrant*

Personally, I can do without it, Jake, and I'm not alone, I'm sure. Like most of the less technically minded people in the world, we're still trying to get our ideas into print with whatever is at hand. A 'better' sensor is the last thing we need. Some better ideas would probably help and a bit more time wouldn't go astray. Sharpening my pencil isn't going to make my sentences any more profound and thoughtful.

Personally, I can do without it, Jake, and I'm not alone, I'm sure. Like most of the less technically minded people in the world, we're still trying to get our ideas into print with whatever is at hand. A 'better' sensor is the last thing we need. Some better ideas would probably help and a bit more time wouldn't go astray. Sharpening my pencil isn't going to make my sentences any more profound and thoughtful.

Tom… Jake doesn't say that you "need the sensor" as you imply, nor that one "can't do without it" as you suggest ("Personally, I can do without it, Jake…"). He says "who wouldn't love D4's sensor ?" which is totally irrelevant to what one needs or it being a necessity… I agree with you that "sharpening a pencil" (as you say) isn't much of improvement to one's photography, but… 1. You've got to have a "pencil" first… 2. Every "pencil" needs "sharpening" sooner or later…
Otherwise, we would still be using 1920's films on the year 2000… OTOH, if this was an "entry level" product to FF cameras as it should have been given its specification, it would provide the opportunity for more people to access a "pencil" which might have been out reach up to now and this, in combination with the quality of this particular sensor, could give them the opportunity to develop their "author talent" further.

Obviously. I said I would like it. Never said I needed it.

Sorry, there was no way in hell Nikon was going to give people their flagship sensor for so cheap. I bet the price will settle down by next summer. Throw in a instant rebate and we may see a price closer to$2,200-$2,500.

I though the body was full magnesium with weather sealing like the D4?

Sorry, there was no way in hell Nikon was going to give people their flagship sensor for so cheap. I bet the price will settle down by next summer. Throw in a instant rebate and we may see a price closer to$2,200-$2,500.

I though the body was full magnesium with weather sealing like the D4?
Nah… it's "hybrid" metal/plastic combination and "lighter" version than D610's too… Pity really… the only things I like about this camera are the sensor and its "traditional" way of setting exposure… If it was priced according to what its specs imply, it would have been the perfect camera for many photography school students and for artists too… Also, it would have been more accessible to people that still use their 30-40yrs old equipment who are used to do things the "traditional" way and find new cameras restricting their creativity…

It's obvious that Nikon charged a (huge) premium on the camera… the sensor doesn't cost them more than any other FF sensor around, they are all at very similar cost...

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Obviously. I said I would like it. Never said I needed it.

Sorry, Jake, I wasn't doubting your motives, just mine. 'Want' or 'need'. Some of us swap the terms around depending on how defensive we are. I tell Christine I need it. She knows I only want it. Whether I 'get' it depends on other factors such as price and the amount of pressure we feel from guilt and greed.
I was just suggesting that there are some people who believe they need it, convert that to 'want' and finally 'get' it only to find out they missed something along the way, like creativity, persistence, skills and hard work.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Tom… Jake doesn't say that you "need the sensor" as you imply, nor that one "can't do without it" as you suggest ("Personally, I can do without it, Jake…"). He says "who wouldn't love D4's sensor ?" which is totally irrelevant to what one needs or it being a necessity… I agree with you that "sharpening a pencil" (as you say) isn't much of improvement to one's photography, but… 1. You've got to have a "pencil" first… 2. Every "pencil" needs "sharpening" sooner or later…
Otherwise, we would still be using 1920's films on the year 2000… OTOH, if this was an "entry level" product to FF cameras as it should have been given its specification, it would provide the opportunity for more people to access a "pencil" which might have been out reach up to now and this, in combination with the quality of this particular sensor, could give them the opportunity to develop their "author talent" further.

Otherwise, we would still be using 1920's films on the year 2000…

That's as big a superlative as the advertisers might use, Theo. We are talking less than 2 years for the update, not 80 years and a completely new process and technology. We seem to be victims of our own era. Up grading on a regular basis has become the catch cry for manufacturers. Instead of large shifts in technology, we do it in small increments, believing it will make monumental differences. Our focus is on the technology and not so much on the development of personal skills. I might seem to be generalising here and I'm sure it doesn't apply to you but, judging by the proliferation of new models with promises of all things great, the manufacturers must think the rest of the general public are gullible enough to believe it.
You might be at the top of your game, as we are led to believe by your humility but for me, I'm still struggling to get my head around the very idea of auto-focus and no aperture ring on the lenses (although I did hang on to my old lenses that, surprisingly, still work). Offering me a few more pixels and a faster processor doesn't help. Nor does it seem to have any effect on my creativity. If anything,it inhibits it just a bit.
Or is that the whiskey I just drank?

Doug Kerr

I'm really glad they kept the classical neckstrap eyes as on other serious Nikon models (although I would replace the delta split rings with circular ones).

But the reverie is really spoiled by the fact that it has AF.

Best regards,

Doug

Otherwise, we would still be using 1920's films on the year 2000…

That's as big a superlative as the advertisers might use, Theo. We are talking less than 2 years for the update, not 80 years and a completely new process and technology. We seem to be victims of our own era. Up grading on a regular basis has become the catch cry for manufacturers. Instead of large shifts in technology, we do it in small increments, believing it will make monumental differences. Our focus is on the technology and not so much on the development of personal skills. I might seem to be generalising here and I'm sure it doesn't apply to you but, judging by the proliferation of new models with promises of all things great, the manufacturers must think the rest of the general public are gullible enough to believe it.
You might be at the top of your game, as we are led to believe by your humility but for me, I'm still struggling to get my head around the very idea of auto-focus and no aperture ring on the lenses (although I did hang on to my old lenses that, surprisingly, still work). Offering me a few more pixels and a faster processor doesn't help. Nor does it seem to have any effect on my creativity. If anything,it inhibits it just a bit.
Or is that the whiskey I just drank?
Tom, I believe you have totally misjudged my POV… I had my Bronica ETRS system all the way from the 80's until I was forced to change for Contax 645 to be able to use a multishot back (otherwise I wouldn't change)…, and my MFDB, I have no thoughts of replacing it, although it is already 9 years old… neither I plan to change from Contax to another modern camera. My Sinar P2 and accessories, I replaced for S/H Fuji GX680 (much to my favour financially, I had a good amount of money left) because I needed a huge investment to make the Sinar fully compatible with my MFDB's multishot abilities and additionally because the image area of my MFDB is of much lesser size than what both Sinar or Fuji are capable of… My first DSLR was the Fuji S5 on 2007, strictly because I was still be using Nikon film until that time and I wanted to keep my lenses many of which have been bought (again) during the 80's… My film cameras up to 2007 where the Nikon F3s …again bought on the 80s! I never had an F4 or F5 or F6…
I don't like to change equipment… in fact I hate it when I have to do so… So we are in agreement here! But, with digital being new and hence tech developments advancing at faster rhythm, we all have to admit that "sharpening the pencils" as far as sensors are concerned, is like using 20's film if compared to 90's film… I believe (judging from D4's sensor and D800e's one which are the DSLRs I now use, that next generation improvement will slow down a lot to a degree where replacement may seem pointless… So… I don't have on my mind wether to replace my D4's sensor or the (much different) D800's one, but I can tell you, D4's sensor is so much better than D700's, to a degree that one can be certain that his photography will be improved…
Can you remember me being enthusiastic on the possible release of a camera with interchangeable sensor? …it's because I don't like changing stuff Tom… we are much in agreement here… but film… that is really like "sharpening one's pencils"...

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Tom, I believe you have totally misjudged my POV… I had my Bronica ETRS system all the way from the 80's until I was forced to change for Contax 645 to be able to use a multishot back (otherwise I wouldn't change)…, and my MFDB, I have no thoughts of replacing it, although it is already 9 years old… neither I plan to change from Contax to another modern camera. My Sinar P2 and accessories, I replaced for S/H Fuji GX680 (much to my favour financially, I had a good amount of money left) because I needed a huge investment to make the Sinar fully compatible with my MFDB's multishot abilities and additionally because the image area of my MFDB is of much lesser size than what both Sinar or Fuji are capable of… My first DSLR was the Fuji S5 on 2007, strictly because I was still be using Nikon film until that time and I wanted to keep my lenses many of which have been bought (again) during the 80's… My film cameras up to 2007 where the Nikon F3s …again bought on the 80s! I never had an F4 or F5 or F6…
I don't like to change equipment… in fact I hate it when I have to do so… So we are in agreement here! But, with digital being new and hence tech developments advancing at faster rhythm, we all have to admit that "sharpening the pencils" as far as sensors are concerned, is like using 20's film if compared to 90's film… I believe (judging from D4's sensor and D800e's one which are the DSLRs I now use, that next generation improvement will slow down a lot to a degree where replacement may seem pointless… So… I don't have on my mind wether to replace my D4's sensor or the (much different) D800's one, but I can tell you, D4's sensor is so much better than D700's, to a degree that one can be certain that his photography will be improved…
Can you remember me being enthusiastic on the possible release of a camera with interchangeable sensor? …it's because I don't like changing stuff Tom… we are much in agreement here… but film… that is really like "sharpening one's pencils"...

You don't have to try and convince me, Theo. we are heading in different directions for different reasons. For me, all this technical stuff goes over my head most of the time. My mental space doesn't have room for it. It's like telling a fish it could just as well get its oxygen easier and faster if it came out of water. Or more emphatically, tell a long distance runner he is better off catching a train.
You and I don't do what we do for the same reasons. Nor do we apply the same processes, equipment, strategies or even logic. We might both be photographers in our own way but to the large part, that's where it stops. Unlike you, my chosen career has been in the field of teaching. A critical aspect of teaching is to recognize there are many ways to eat an apple and just as many people to choose their own way. Personally, I like mine cored, sliced into segments and chilled. That may seem a bit anal to some but so, for me, does your approach to photography.
But, you know, it's OK. You get what you want, I get what I want.
What I do notice, though, is that many students don't know this **** when they start off. In fact, some long time amateurs still hang onto it. One size fits all philosophy is alive and well and lives on the internet, in the stores, on the designers table and the sales persons shop. "The better the camera the better the photograph" hasn't died yet. Sure, we all shudder when we hear it, but we do chase it to the ground and embrace it from time to time.
I guess what I am trying to do here, in my own sarcastic and biting way, is to provide a bit of balance to the discussion. I don't know what your intentions are in photography. I'm not that interested. But I am interested in the decisions people make when considering improving their craft. Of course you are partially correct in what you say. I'm suggesting another option.
We all seem to be in a hurry. You think it's worth waiting for a couple of years for the next but one new model to come forward, hoping it will make a marginal difference and I'm heading back to my 7 year old digital model and browsing through eBay for a Rollieflex hoping it will make a marginal difference to my photography. That's because we are from different places, Theo.
we will never agree but we can encompass each other's thoughts without fear of favour.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You don't have to try and convince me, Theo. we are heading in different directions for different reasons. For me, all this technical stuff goes over my head most of the time. My mental space doesn't have room for it. It's like telling a fish it could just as well get its oxygen easier and faster if it came out of water. Or more emphatically, tell a long distance runner he is better off catching a train.
You and I don't do what we do for the same reasons. Nor do we apply the same processes, equipment, strategies or even logic. We might both be photographers in our own way but to the large part, that's where it stops. Unlike you, my chosen career has been in the field of teaching. A critical aspect of teaching is to recognize there are many ways to eat an apple and just as many people to choose their own way. Personally, I like mine cored, sliced into segments and chilled. That may seem a bit anal to some but so, for me, does your approach to photography.
But, you know, it's OK. You get what you want, I get what I want.
What I do notice, though, is that many students don't know this **** when they start off. In fact, some long time amateurs still hang onto it. One size fits all philosophy is alive and well and lives on the internet, in the stores, on the designers table and the sales persons shop. "The better the camera the better the photograph" hasn't died yet. Sure, we all shudder when we hear it, but we do chase it to the ground and embrace it from time to time.
I guess what I am trying to do here, in my own sarcastic and biting way, is to provide a bit of balance to the discussion. I don't know what your intentions are in photography. I'm not that interested. But I am interested in the decisions people make when considering improving their craft. Of course you are partially correct in what you say. I'm suggesting another option.
We all seem to be in a hurry. You think it's worth waiting for a couple of years for the next but one new model to come forward, hoping it will make a marginal difference and I'm heading back to my 7 year old digital model and browsing through eBay for a Rollieflex hoping it will make a marginal difference to my photography. That's because we are from different places, Theo.
we will never agree but we can encompass each other's thoughts without fear of favour.

Tom and Theodoros,

I don't believe your interests and values are as different as they seem. One can have bread or pasta and think it makes a difference. The truth is that one is baked and the other is boiled, but all essentially from the same ingredients and prepared with the same devotion.

@ Theodoros, Tom could just as easily debate technical differences on a host of cameras he's used or wished for. His language, (spanning from erudite to obscene), always carries force of being "right"! He makes up for that with some exceptional pictures.

@ Tom,

Theodoros' early B&W pictures would be at home in your collections. He could have taught your students over the years, and, (as long he obeyed the local social laws), might have been your equal in effectiveness. Just that, instead, he got hooked Greek weddings and by the Archbishop's need for giant replicas of ancient planks, painted with saintly figures, all icons of the Church. This gig wouldn't have worked for you as you are led by your whims, the barber and the man in the bicycle store, and would likely as not, would have told the said Bishop to **gger off!

Asher