• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Planet Earth Collection:Your Best Landscape, River or Ocean and Major Land Features!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nathaniel, that B&W is truly a remarkable image! B&W was demanded, IMHO, from the outset!

You did a good job! Tou could shout that scene every day for a month and you would continue to get new images.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Post cards from Portugal, Alcochete

111124440-M.jpg
109555232-M.jpg

Ivan Garcia

Hi Antonio.
I like the clarity you achieve on your images.
Do you post process them? Or do they come out of the camera like that?
I like your first picture, although I might have used a wider angle of view for it myself, perhaps showing more of the tree’s foliage.
I am not sure if the chosen subject for the second image does anything for me, somehow it fails to engage me.
Kind regards
Ivan

Antonio Correia

Ivan Garcia said:
Hi Antonio.
I like the clarity you achieve on your images.
Do you post process them? Or do they come out of the camera like that?
I like your first picture, although I might have used a wider angle of view for it myself, perhaps showing more of the tree’s foliage.
I am not sure if the chosen subject for the second image does anything for me, somehow it fails to engage me.
Kind regards
Ivan

Ivan, thank you for your comment.

These two shots are nothing more that 2 postcards.
Read this for better understanding of what I mean.

The 1.st picture was shot from the top of an opened car.I
t was like point and shoot.
I couldn't move because there were other people and neither could I step down of the car.

The camera was at the usual settings. RAW, one shot focus, 100/200 IS0, etc..
Important: I used a CPF from Rodenstock. Super.

I process all my photos and I only shoot RAW.
I make some adjustments, crop, stroke and canvas.

I hope soon - this week maybe - to publish a modest RAWflow identical but much smaller and with less quality than this one, by Nk.

I am sorry you don't like the 2.ed picture.

One can not please every body's taste!
:) :)

Hope to read from you again.

Mt. Shuksan

Mt. Shuksan in the North Cascades, about 60 miles east of Bellingham, WA. Picture Lake (yes, that's its real name) was flat calm, providing a perfect reflection... 30D, Tamron SP 24-135 with polarizer @ 24mm, 1/25 @ f16. PP levels, contrast, sharpening.

IMG_9123sm-1.jpg

"October Reflection"

A bit late, but I didn't see anything about this thread being "closed", but hey, I just got here...

I'm intimidated by all the wonderful pictures here, but I'll give it a shot!

%7B2006-dec-30-1558%7D_(5).jpg

Falls Creek
© Edward Bussa

%7B2006-dec-30-1512%7D_(3).jpg

Roots
© Edward Bussa

%7B2006-dec-30-1519%7D_(1).jpg

Cedar Trees
© Edward Bussa

Critiques and Praise and Thanks!

Even Solberg

My own humble contributions:
102732294-L.jpg

Near Nesbyen in Norway

85975789-L.jpg

Winter Morning Outside Oslo

98943032-L.jpg

Practicing the sax on a cliff north of Santa Cruz, CA

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
It has that extra special punch to it!

Hi Winston, I just love the contrast and saturation. Proof of why a polarizer is such a great tool!

Mt. Shuksan in the North Cascades, about 60 miles east of Bellingham, WA. Picture Lake (yes, that's its real name) was flat calm, providing a perfect reflection... 30D, Tamron SP 24-135 with polarizer @ 24mm, 1/25 @ f16. PP levels, contrast, sharpening.

"October Reflection"

Asher Kelman

Will,

So you noticed the polarizer in that beautiful shot of the Picture Lake. That was a good pickup!

I just thought he was simply so much better than you!

Asher

Louis Doench

I've been on that beach! I love it. We used a shot from that beach for our wedding program.. and now ican't find it...think its on th other comouetr... post it later... ;(

Frank Mara

Three of mine

This is hanging on the wall of my office. The more I look at it, the more I like it.
118462888_a4ec019d9f.jpg

Downtown Philadelphia

This photo was taken in Roswell, Georgia. I had gone to a local park to shoot the last of the fall foliage, packed up and was heading home when I came upon this scene.
292469397_8d19b9ffbd.jpg

Fall in The South

I shot this photo with a little point and shoot digital camera through a conference room window. I used a file folder to shield the reflection from the overhead lights.
109405233_c982497bc4.jpg

The Georgia State Capital in a winter sunset

Barry Johnston

My entry with P&S

There quality of photos displayed here are excellent, so I'm almost embarrassed to share mine with you guys. My photo wasn't taken with an SLR but a P&S Sony. Never the less, I like it. It was taken on the west coast of the South Island of New Zealand in 2005. Lake Ianthe.

large.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Select your very best breathtaking or awesome scenes to show the parts of our planet. How close can you get to the best of these. your work and succinct comments welcome. The main idea is to get us drunk with photographic beauty!

Asher

Give brief photographic details/unique processing.

Asher Kelman

These are impressive Antonio!

The features on the left are how tall approximately and then the fields on the right are presumably rice paddies? That red sign? Is it an engraving or your name in Chinese?

Asher

Antonio Correia

These are impressive Antonio!

The features on the left are how tall approximately and then the fields on the right are presumably rice paddies? That red sign? Is it an engraving or your name in Chinese?

Asher

Hello Asher. Good morning. How are you ?
The rocks are aproximately 15 to 20 meters hight and the name I don't know what it is.
Even the guide didn't know or didn't want to tell (?).
May be a cry for Human Rights ... who knows ?
But I don't think so unless it would have been erased long time ago...

Rice paddles yes.
278131954_Yzgq5-M.jpg
278131014_Btfsn-M.jpg

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Hi,

My own contribution to this thread....

a_stannard_lakes_sunset_opf.jpg

This was taken shortly before Christmas last year, on a trip to the Lake District. We were descending from Helvellyn and were still above the snow line as the sun was setting, casting it's slanting rays through the gathering mist in the valleys below. About 20min after this photo it was actually pretty dark, and our descent was completed via the dim glow of our head torches. A long day but one that I'll always remember.

Cheers,

StuartRae

Hi Andy,

Am I the only one who's unable to see your images? It may be a browser thing (Firefox v2) or a firewall thing (Kerio). The images on your website are also invisible to me :-(

Regards,

Stuart

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Hi Stuart,

Has that made any difference? I have hot-linking disabled through my web hoster, apart from certain URLs (including this site).

I've disabled it for the moment, I wonder if it is somehow causing problems through your firewall?

I use firefox myself, so don't think it should be that.

Thanks,

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Andrew
no prob for me to see your image on Safari (both here and on your website)

Beautifull images BTW… :)