• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Follow along on my 31 day challenge - Day 1&2

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
day 18 of the 31 day challenge was a stack of something.

So, here is my stack of stones. I hope you like it.
:)
Maggie
day18stack.jpg

A great achievement! Epoxy to keep them in place???

Asher Kelman

Day 20 of the challenge was vegetable(s)

I have always wanted to shoot an artichoke, so here was the perfect reason to

I hope you like it; I find it looks a bit like it was made out of wood.

day20veggoes.jpg

This is the tree we'll have when we terraform Mars!

Thank you Obama!

Asher

My goodness - your project is 2/3 way through already. Very nice collection of images Maggie.

Yes, it feels both fast and slow. Slow because when you do so many, you figure you must already be done and see you still have a 1/3 to go, but fast when you want to do something and realize time is a-ticking. LOL. Yesterday was a good example. I did 3 shoots that day, as I always do a banner shot that is usually completely different from my shot of the day and often times an alternative shot if I can get it in. Besides the banner, I pretty much hated my two shots for many reasons and it was late, I had other things that just needed to get done and I knew I wouldn't be able to reshoot. But, I look back through my month and there are some very nice shots that I wouldn't have taken were it not on the list to shoot. Thanks, Robert, for stopping by once in a while and taking a look. :)
Maggie

This is the tree we'll have when we terraform Mars!

Thank you Obama!

Asher

That reminds me, and I don't know if I ever shared this here, but about 6 years ago or so, I did this image called "the last gardener". It was made with only items from my kitchen, from fruit bowl to spices and little broccoli trees in spice jars... and of course, the gardener, a wine bottle opener! :-D
lastgardener.jpg

Asher Kelman

Day 21 of 31 - Basket

I'm really unhappy with my shot today. I did it earlier and only checked out my shots after supper and it's too late to redo my shoot tonight. I don't like the clementine that is right under one in the basket as I think it ruins the composition. I did another shoot with a very large basket filled with wine and cheese, wine glasses, fruit etc., but the basket is so huge that having that many items in it makes it just too busy. Putting less items in the basket makes it feel empty. Oh, well -- sigh -- there are going to be off days. :p

day21basketalt1.jpg

Yes, you are very good at bashing and beating up your own offspring. Bad mother! Don't be so harsh on yourself - this picture didn't strike me as wrongly composed, but I do think it can be strengthened, now that you point it out.

You could if you wish, simply move that offending clementine by copying, and pasting more to the lower to the right and the original can be deleted and the hole repaired hopefully with content aware fill or cloth from so many other pictures of that you have.

I am so ignorant, BTW, I thought they were tangerines, LOL! I have been photographing them recently since my wife put them in a flat black stoneware fruit bowl, and each boring I photograph them and devour a few, without even realizing it, as they have no seeds to spit out!

Asher

Yes, you are very good at bashing and beating up your own offspring. Bad mother! Don't be so harsh on yourself - this picture didn't strike me as wrongly composed, but I do think it can be strengthened, now that you point it out.

You could if you wish, simply move that offending clementine by copying, and pasting more to the lower to the right and the original can be deleted and the hole repaired hopefully with content aware fill or cloth from so many other pictures of that you have.

I am so ignorant, BTW, I thought they were tangerines, LOL! I have been photographing them recently since my wife put them in a flat black stoneware fruit bowl, and each boring I photograph them and devour a few, without even realizing it, as they have no seeds to spit out!

Asher
You are too kind, Asher but I think for this image, I will just let it go. As for them being Clementines, that is what we get here as they are imported from Morocco.. or so it says on the box! I love them, also as they are easy to peel and also have no seeds. I think both Tangerines and Clementines are considered varieties of Mandarin but like you, not an expert.
:)
Maggie

Day 22 of the 31 day challenge : Shell(s)

I had several different shells that I photographed today, but finally chose this as my main image!

day22shell4.jpg

I also want to thank everyone that take their time to stop and give me a comment; I really appreciate it!

Day 24 of the 31 day challenge : Cardboard Carton

When I was a child the best things my mom brought home from the grocery store were the boxes. We got to play in them and they became cars, boats and even houses. In this image I wanted to show how that a box could become anything in a child's mind. Imagination - it can take us anywhere!

day24cardboardbox.jpg

Day 25: Cookie(s)

I started by making my own cookies ( a recipe I found online to make cookies with beautiful shapes of animals and birds) but once cooked, the shapes did not come out well, but I wish to show you the dough before baking as the shapes are so pretty.
this is NOT my picture for today
day25cookiealt.jpg

Today's picture Because I wanted it to be very big and in your face! :-D

day25cookie1.jpg

Hello Maggie

I like this for its abstract nature but I am wondering if a portrait style would have been more suitable as apposed to the horizontal crop.

James

Hi James,
I took so many pictures yesterday and a lot of different ones. The paper used here is about 1 inch wide and 1/2 inch tall and the photo is a macro and I cropped off from the bottom where there was too much ground if you wish. I like this one as the folds to me felt like the feet of dancers or ballerinas on toe and all the light was the glitz and the show. It is obviously an abstract but it still brings me to this place in my brain. I know not everyone will like it this way; but I still do. Thank you for commenting and following along; I appreciate it.
Maggie :)

Day 28 of the 31 day challenge (yes only 3 more to go!! )

Today's challenge: Door. I thought I'd show a bit of the door of a small cabinet I own that belonged to my mom's family.

day28door.jpg