• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Racism is thriving in the American Midwest

doug anderson

Just to walk, at least in imagination, in someone else's shoes for a while. I have a background in clinical psychology though haven't practiced for decades. But what experiences with psychiatric patients, prisoners in jail, older people with dementia, etc. taught me was that if you really listen and look, the craziest, most disturbing behavior can become understandable from their frame of reference. People live in different realities. The photographers I admire the most came to similar conclusions and embraced them in their work. That knowledge helps me not to get too irate with those whose ideas and lifestyle I don't share.

Too true.

By the way, what a great way to look at photography.