• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: SNS-HDR v1.3.8 to SNS-HDR v1.4.19

Cem_Usakligil

I'd like to withdraw this request. It wasn't working for me in the images I tried at the time for some reason but has been subsequently.

One minor enhancement that would be nice would be to retain Lightroom keywords. Currently I am exporting to TIFFs (that retain the keywords) but when I re-import the processed TIFFs to Lightroom, the keywords have gone.
Were the .sns files made using an older version of SNS-HDR? I had the same problem in the past with some major upgrades and also after the upgrade to 1.4. it seems that the proprietery file format gets changed between versions and is not always backwards compatible. i can imagine that with the addition of layers this was to be expected. When I create a new .sns file in the new version, all the adjustments are available of course.

Hi,

I released version 1.4.4 of the SNS-HDR.

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks. The possibility to change settings by-the-number is not only useful, it's design is also clever. All it takes is to hover the mouse pointer over the particular control, and then type the value or use the cursor arrow keys. It's not necessary to click on a box, which saves time.

Being able to copy and invert a mask is also very helpful and a timesaver.

Cheers,
Bart

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
What an investment this has been, can't think of any other software which is updated with new features as much as this one! Oh and it's bleeding good at what it does as well! :)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi,

I released version 1.4.6 of the SNS-HDR.

Regards,
Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,
I finally installed Parallel and Seven on my Intel Mac, just to be able to try your software…

Really impressive!

As soon as I will be able to solve the monitor calibration (Seven's window is displayed on my calibrated for Mac, and the image, once brought back to the Mac OS looks washed out) I'll buy your sw ;-)

Cem_Usakligil

Hello Sebastian,
I finally installed Parallel and Seven on my Intel Mac, just to be able to try your software…

Really impressive! M

As soon as I will be able to solve the monitor calibration (Seven's window is displayed on my calibrated for Mac, and the image, once brought back to the Mac OS looks washed out) I'll buy your sw ;-)
Hi Nicolas,

Glad to read that you've decided to give SNS-HDR a go. I have tried all the mainstream programs as well as the experimental ones out there. SNS-HDR is still the best preforming program imo.

Regarding the monitor calibration, you should install your calibration program on windows seven and profile the monitor from within windows. That's all there is to it.

Hope this helps.

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
I had a quick play with the program, haven't had much of a chance since layers were first introduced, wow but there is a difference, such an incredible difference! It really is incredibly powerful now and the interface has become very easy to use, very pleasant to use.

Also seems faster or is that just me?

I downloaded the lite version last night to check it out. I must be missing something. Is this stand alone software? I opened the program, dropped my files into the box as it says to do, then nothing happens.

I must have misread some step or something I need.

I downloaded the lite version last night to check it out. I must be missing something. Is this stand alone software? I opened the program, dropped my files into the box as it says to do, then nothing happens.

I must have misread some step or something I need.

Hi Jake,

The lite version is limited to end-up being a shortcut (e.g. on the Windows desktop) at best, onto which you drag and drop a few different bracketed exposures of the same scene. The real control comes with the GUI applications, where you interactively, with real time preview updates, can tweak the various/many relevant parameters to your satisfaction, before saving the result. The versions with a GUI are also free to try, but the output options are limited until registered.

Cheers,
Bart

Exposures from NASA merged in SNS-HDR.

NASA-HDR.jpg

Link to the source exposures.

Sebastian,

This a brilliant achievement to be connected with and for SNS-HDR to be chosen from all other options is a mark of excellence. Bravo!

Hi Asher,

Sebastian didn't say that NASA used his software, but that he used the exposures from NASA.

BTW, I posted an SNS-HDR composite of these images some time ago in this thread.

The current version of SNS-HDR has many more useful features than the version I used back then, so I would have been able to do better than I did had those features been available.

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Jake,

The lite version is limited to end-up being a shortcut (e.g. on the Windows desktop) at best, onto which you drag and drop a few different bracketed exposures of the same scene. The real control comes with the GUI applications, where you interactively, with real time preview updates, can tweak the various/many relevant parameters to your satisfaction, before saving the result. The versions with a GUI are also free to try, but the output options are limited until registered.

Cheers,
Bart

So where exactly on the SNS-HDR do I download the trial GUI? I would like to try it out as I am to broke to b uy it now.

So where exactly on the SNS-HDR do I download the trial GUI? I would like to try it out as I am to broke to b uy it now.

Hi Jake,

Just go to the home page. Then at the top right hand side of the page change the language to e.g. English, and then at the right you'll see "Download the demo SNS-HDR Pro". Click on that to download the installer file. It will automatically install the 64-bit version if your operating sytem is 64-bit, otherwise the 32-bit version.

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Jake,

Just go to the home page. Then at the top right hand side of the page change the language to e.g. English, and then at the right you'll see "Download the demo SNS-HDR Pro". Click on that to download the installer file. It will automatically install the 64-bit version if your operating sytem is 64-bit, otherwise the 32-bit version.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks, can't believe I missed that.